Know more about your Product
- Blackshaw’s plaited belt.
- Vegetable dyed leather has been used in the making of it .
- This uses natural tannins to treat and dye the leather. Vegetable tanned leather takes 30-60 days to produce.
- 90% of the world’s leather is chrome tanned and treated with toxic chemicals which dramatically reduces the life span and durability of the leather that should last for many years if treated with care.
- The natural colours in vegetable tanned leather produce a richer and deeper patina and allow the leather to soften naturally over time without cracking and becoming brittle.
- Vegetable tanned leather will initially be stiff before it is worn in. Saddle soap or leather care products can be used to help soften if required.
- The simple buckle that is made from brass can be exchanged for other buckles of the same measurement if desired. Please see the photo above of the simple screws that are provided to undo and remove the buckle.
- Leather can be wiped with a warm damp cloth to clean and can be treated with a good quality leather care product to keep soft and supple.